Selling Your Parents Home in St. Louis
Have you just inherited your parent’s home? Don’t want to keep it and don’t know what to do with it? Senior Living Experience is here to help!
Probate can be very expensive and the process long and tiresome. We at Senior Living Experience can help you through the process and sort through all that paperwork. As real estate investors, we have a great deal of experience with this situation and have bought numerous probate properties.
Here are some commonly asked questions.
- Can assets before probate is finalized? Assets can only be sold once a personalized representative (PR) has been appointed. Once one has been named they have authority to sell but still need a judge to sign off. If there is no PR then the probate needs to be finalized first, this is called summary administration.
- Can an Attorney speed up the summary administration process? Yes, but a hearing before a judge will need to take place.
- What Happens to the proceeds of the sale if it’s sold before probate is finalized? If a note to the creditors has been filed and the standard 90 days has passed the funds will go directly to the heirs or PR. If the 90 days have not passed the funds will be held.
If you think like you’re running out of time, feeling overwhelmed, and feeling the financial pressures then give the expert team at Senior Living Experience a call.
Here’s the simple and hassle-free process when selling your inherited home.
- Assessment – We will sit down and discuss your situation and options
- Analysis – Our team of experts will analyze your property thoroughly so we can make you a fair offer
- The Offer – After our analysis, we will make you a top, all-cash, offer within 24hrs
- Your Turn – Now that you have all the information, and the offer, it’s time to decide to accept it or reject it
- Let’s Talk – If you decide to accept our offer it’s now time for you to sign on the dotted line and for us to hand you the cash.
Whether your parent or loved one has downsized and gave you their home or they have passed on and left it to you it can all be very overwhelming. Senior Living Experience has helped hundreds of families in this exact situation and we want to help you through this process as well.
We are here to walk you through this process every step of the way. We will answer all of your questions and address any concerns you may have. So pick up the phone and give us a call. We’d love to hear from you!