Senior Downsizing and Residential Care Homes
If you’re new to the term, residential care homes are facilities specifically geared towards those who suffer from Alzheimer’s and Dementia-related diseases. These care facilities not only offer a safe place but also a unique environment to help improve quality of life but also focus on reducing the effects of the disease like memory loss or wandering.
But what exactly is a memory care home and what type of services do they offer?
- Round the clock care – your loved one will be watched over 24/7 to ensure their safety and prevent wandering off
- Activities for the mind – we provide activities and exercise to help maintain and improve the memory
- Medication management – our trained and knowledgeable staff are there to help make sure medication is taken correctly
- Laundry and housekeeping – we’re there to take care of the little day-to-day things that need to be taken care of
- Transportation – we’re there to help assist your loved ones to and from appointments and outings
- Meals – we serve balanced and nutritious meals
- Incontinence – unfortunately with this disease can cause some to become incontinent and some need to wear diapers, we are able to handle that and do so with dignity
- Personal care – with this disease, as it progresses, it can get harder and harder to do things for yourself and to take care of you so our friendly staff are here to assist with whatever you need
- Mobility – whether it’s an extra handrail for the bathroom or it’s time to get a walker or chair we’re here to help
Each senior is different and Alzheimer’s and dementia-related diseases affect everyone differently. That is why when your choose Senior Living Experience we will help come up with a plan of action specifically for you and your needs. No two people are alike so your senior care shouldn’t be either, and that’s why we treat you like the unique individual you are.
A residential care home, allows your loved ones to maintain their skills as long as they can while also providing activities to stimulate the mind and improve their quality of life. We promote safety, calmness, and familiarity. The safety of your loved one is our number one concern and priority. We also want to ensure that it is a peaceful and calming environment so that your loved one feels safe and calm. We do our best to keep everything in the same place and try not to bring a lot of change as this can cause someone with Alzheimer’s or Dementia to feel anxious and could cause them to act out.
If your loved one or someone you know suffers from Alzheimer’s or a dementia-related disease and it’s time to transition into a memory care home then give Senior Living Experience a call. Our professional, expert, knowledgeable team is here to help and assist you and your family with anything you need. Once you choose us you will be assigned your very own Senior Living Real Estate Specialist. Give us a call today!